Thursday, March 22, 2007

What in the world is going on here?!?!

Today:
1) FBW announces he's leaving Iowa to go to New Mexico. Sounds great... then he can retire comfortably in a few years without having to go very far... Arizona is only one state away!
2) Tubby announces he's leaving KENTUCKY for MINNESOTA! Now tell me, how messed up is THAT?! It really just pisses me off because it means high caliber coaches are working their way into the B10 and we don't need bottom-feeders like the Gophers heading up to the top of the conference.

Also, on a side note, if for some reason Guenther decides to leave Illinois or is somehow booted (who boots the AD anyway? Chancellor Hermann? Stukel? NANCY CANTOR?!), I would like to put in my nomination for Mr. TwinCityIllini, aka Heath, as the new AD. He knows his stuff - coaches, players, stats, you name it. And I think Beverly would make a fabulous First AD Lady of the University of Illinois.

Also, as another side note, since we're speaking of Nancy Cantor, I have to imagine that she had SOMEthing to do with the new Syracuse unis. I mean, they're RED for crying out loud. So not only has she ousted the Orangemen, but now also the ORANGE. If she never had another say in athletic matters, it would be too soon.

I'm dying to wear my new Illini shoes to an Illini event, so I guess it will have to be baseball for the time being. You all know how much I love Illinois baseball. And then there's the Spring Game next month. WOOOOOT!! I'm secretly secretly really really ready for football season though. I know, I need to lay off the orange Kool-aid.

My brackets suck. The end.

3 comments:

The Camerons said...

Show a picture of the shoes! :)

xland said...

Hi Holly,

I'm honored by your thought of me as the new AD and Bev as the "first lady" of Illinois athletics. She'd be easy to spot as she'd wear an orange and blue jeweled tiara around campus. That's just how she rolls you know.

We are both looking very forward to football season. I tested out our generator last week, it purrs like a kitten.

Take care, have a great weekend and GO ILLINI!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

Thank you for your vote of confidence as the new First Lady of the Athletic Department. In addition to my tiara, I request to be carried about the campus on the shoulders of the football players in an orange and blue gilded Cleopatra platform.

Is that ok?

GO ILLINI!!!