Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Ah, March Madness... it's like a warm blanket... :D

Sadly, though, I do not have the time/resources this year to just chuck it all and sit on my couch surrounded by junk food & nonstop college basketball. I am actually working today, but the good news is that my boss is taking us all out for a LOOOONG lunch at BW3 around noonish... hallelujah!!

Tomorrow, I am not working, but I'm leaving for a conference in Evanston at 10 a.m. I have all afternoon to sit around and watch what I can from my computer (PLEASE let the church have WiFi!!). The plan is for Aubrey to pick me up around 5 and we're going to run over to BW3 to watch Illinois play and then I will head back for the remainder of the conference. This means, however, that I will also be missing almost all of the games on Saturday as well. Ugh! Therefore, I have asked Facebook to please send me a final score for each game. That way I will NEVER be completely out of the loop. But, oh, how I will miss the days of sitting on my couch doing absolutely nothing.

So, provided the Illini win tomorrow (6:10 pm CST), we will play again sometime on Sunday. Rest assured, Sunday I will be going to church and then heading straight home to probably spend the rest of my day on my beloved couch with my beloved junk food watching my beloved sport with my beloved laptop right by my side in case I need to get a quick update.

Oh, March Madness. I apologize in advance for being so unfaithful to you this weekend. :( I promise to be better next year and give you my full attention for 4 straight days (it will help that my job will also bless me with additional vacation days next year!) :D

WOOO!! BRING ON THE BASKETBALL! (Oh, and I just received word that my department is leaving at 11:30! That's only 28 minutes from now!!

One last thing... GO ILLINI!

1 comment:

xland said...

Duke just lost. Hee Hee.

:)