Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow day! (sort of)

Yet, I'm sitting here at work, so it's not much of a snow day I guess.

Steph and I have big plans to go to Red Lobster for dinner and then go see 27 Dresses tonight. U of I didn't call off classes, but Steph is boycotting since she has a 6 month old. He will be going to the babysitter's tonight though. Hopefully my friend Betsy can come too unless she can't get out of her 1/4 mile long driveway in the country. :(

Aaron is off to drill this weekend, so he's busy until about Super Bowl time. I'm gonna take it easy tomorrow morning and then head over to Assembly Hall to shoot pics at the Purdue game, which we're going to lose. But then several of my peeps will be here to hang out at Jupiter's into the evening hours so that will be fun! Sunday will be another relaxing afternoon until I head to Vineyard for teh Super Bowl festivities. I'll hang out there for a couple hours and then probably go to Aaron's to watch the 2nd half after he gets back from drill.

I have now looked at about 25 houses. There are a couple promising ones, including a foreclosure that I could probably get pretty cheap. It actually wasn't in horrible shape for a foreclosure, and if I got it cheap, I'd have more $$ for new carpet and some repairs. Here's the other one I'm interested in: http://realtyassociates1.illinois.remax.com/listings/ListingDetail_r4.aspx?LID=38600928#
It has lots of space in the basement, which is very appealing to me. If I got this one, I think Steph and Nevan could live in the basement. Then the 3rd bedroom could be the office.

What else? I'm booking more weddings, so I'm about 2 away from my 2008 goal of 8 total weddings. :) I hired an accountant now that my tax prep is going to be out of control with all the things I have going on... business, 401K, savings, IRA, charitable contributions... I'm sure I would screw it up if I did it myself. I'm afraid to see the bill for that though.

Have fun playing in the snow everyone!

1 comment:

RK said...

Hey! I know the people who live in 806 S. Duncan! Really..like good friends!! How weird is that?!? Are you still looking into that one?

BTW...didn't know you had a blog til your comment today. :o)