Monday, February 18, 2008

Things I have learned in 2008:

1) Buying a foreclosure is not as glamourous as the TV commercials make it sound.
2) A "buyer's market" is not necessarily the greatest gift to first-time home buyers.
3) I don't have as much money as I thought I did.
4) I have more money than I thought I did.
5) I don't like realtors. At all. If I could leave them out of this whole deal, I would totally do it.
6) I wish I didn't have so much stuff.
7) Termites can kiss my butt.
8) No one's opinion on my future house matters as much as mine.
9) You can't get a conventional loan if most of your down payment is a gift (my banker neglected to tell me this the first two times I met with her).
10) Winter is NOT the time to be looking for houses.
11) I am NOT looking forward to the house inspection, regardless of the house.

No comments: