Friday, January 25, 2008

Everyday, boring happenings in the world of me

TGIF.

I just shipped batch 2 of the microbiology book I'm working on. That feels good.

This week I looked at a FSBO house that is out of my price range. Stephanie tells me I need to suck it up and ask dad to co-sign with me so that I can get approved at a little bit higher price. (I can afford it, but the bank won't count the rental income as actual income for me until they've rented for at least one year.) An extra $10-15K would get me into a much nicer housing bracket with the space that the 4 of us will need.

Tonight I am going to the grand opening of my friend Melissa's studio in Monticello. You can see her work at: www.melissawaller.com. Then I'm planning on having a pretty lazy weekend, outside of doing more house hunting and cleaning at home.

Just heard back from the realtor... I'm going to look at 2 or 3 houses tonight and then another one on Sunday or Monday.

I'm ready to go home.

2 comments:

The Camerons said...

Maybe you should a have more positive title to at least one of your posts! Think positive and positive things will happen!

Anonymous said...

You've probably already have done this, but look into a first time home buyer loan. The gov will put down the 3% required down payment - if you live in the house for 10 years you don't have to pay it back. I believe you can also get a lower interest rate getting a loan that way.

Also, personal recommendation, buy a little bigger house than you're looking for. It will eventually fill up with stuff.

I went through 20-30+ houses before I found mine. And when I found it, it had only been on the market for a day. Good luck on the house hunting.