Monday, November 12, 2007

Wow. What a weekend!

I don't even know where to begin or what to say.

WE BEAT UNDEFEATED AND #1-RANKED OHIO STATE! It doesn't get much better than that. We played our best game of the season, and Zook says we can still play better. Juice was a beast. J Leman was a beast. We broke records, we broke winning streaks. We had players step up who most of the country, let alone most of our fanbase, had never even heard of: Miami Thomas, Brian Gamble, Michael Hoomanawanui... THIS FIGHTING ILLINI TEAM GOES DEEP.

I would say I'm sorry, Kirk, but I'm not!! Haha!! So this is what revenge feels like, huh? :)

Pumped for next weekend is an understatement. And I'm just about ready to skip Thanksgiving and Christmas all together and just head down to Florida for the bowl game. THAT'S how excited I am.

And the rest of the weekend was kind of a blur (and not because I was drunk!)... rioting on Green Street, meeting the team at the airport, church, basketball (merely an afterthought at this point!), and an awesome baptism service that seemed to happen all too fast.

We started out at Godsearch with 5 people on the schedule to baptize. WE ENDED UP BAPTIZING ABOUT THIRTY PEOPLE. God was moving. It was awesome. I got to be the photographer, and I got some really great shots. I also got to help baptize my friend Sammy who is in my Alpha small group. I didn't even know she was planning on it, and poof! there she was! I was so glad to get to be a part of it. Some of my pics will be up at www.godsearch.org/blog.

Oh, what a weekend...

1 comment:

The Camerons said...

Ok, so that was an awesome game!! I was so spazzed! hahaha Kirk was SO pissed! We actually had to stop talking for a short while because he was so mad. The consensus around town and OH is that IL cheated because of the their 1st touchdown. Which yes it shouldn't have been called a touchdown BUT if there was no challenge than I say poo on you deal with it! I guess the staff better watch more carefully next time! Anyway, I proudly wore my Illini shirt for all to see before and after and the victory was OH!!SO sweet!!
The bitterness is still there, but my husband still loves me! haha
GO ILLINI!!!!