Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ok, you can call me a nerd.

I have started a chicken salad sandwich spreadsheet. Go ahead, mock me.

It is my goal to find the best chicken salad in Champaign-Urbana. And as I was savoring just that at Bob Evans last night for dinner, I decided that I might as well blog about it, mostly because my spreadsheet doesn't allow for loads of extra comments and such.

So, without further ado, here is my Bob Evans Chicken Salad Sandwich Platter review:
Upon first bite, I suspected that FINALLY I might have found a chicken salad that would rival that of my beloved Arby's. This sandwich hung in there for a while until I started to realize that most of the other "components" of the salad were just a simple pickle relish and not actually diced chunks of deliciousness (see grapes, walnuts, pecans, etc.). I was sorely disappointed. The one thing though, that made this sandwich really lovable overall, however, was the buttery grilled sourdough that it was served on. Stupendous. And I've now decided that perhaps I should add a "Value" column to my spreadsheet. At Arby's, the sandwich alone costs me around $6 (granted it is a large sandwich). At Bob Evans though, I got the sandwich and two sides (I had mashed potatoes and gravy and a fruit dish) for around $8. To me, that's a good value. I was absolutely stuffed when I walked out, but I felt good.

Grade: A-

No comments: