Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another two bite the dust...

So this weekend, my friend Jen got engaged to her boyfriend Chris in upstate New York. Also, my friend Katie was proposed to by her boyfriend, Daniel, the young adult pastor at our church.

Also in the last few months, these people have all gotten engaged: Joanna, Becky, Alicia... which means that business is good for Holly! But obviously, it's still hard for me, but not hard enough that I can't handle it. I mean, I shot a wedding on 10/13, and everything went smoothly and I wasn't really even thinking about my own wedding plans that had recently been washed down the drain.

The thing that sucks now is just the people who don't know yet, but it's not like I want to put out and APB announcing it to the world either. There are a few key people who I'm pretty sure don't know yet, so I feel like I should send them an email. Really though, I think I'm just trying to avoid the obligatory "oh, I'm so sorry" comments (Erick, I'm glad you sent the email though... no worries!). I understand that there's not much else to say, and that it is sad. But I'm not really that sorry myself, so I don't know why everyone else is.

Here's what I'm sorry about: I'm sorry that my plans are now shifted a little bit, I'm sorry that I probably won't be able to take my business full time in 2008 now, I'm sorry that I probably won't buy a house as easily now, and I'm sorry that I am back to square one.

What sucks is this: I feel like I don't know where to start again now when it comes to looking for another relationship. I am trying really hard to give that over to God though. He has a MUCH better chance of finding Mr. Right than I do. But God, while I have you here, can we find someone this time that loves Jesus AND the Illini? Thanks!

The other thing that sucks is that one of Ryan's friends came up to me on Saturday and asked where he was, so I'm thinking that he hasn't really told everyone yet either, and it's really awkward to tell someone I don't really know, "Oh haven't you heard? We broke up." Ugh.

Ok, enough ranting. But at least I gave you people something to read!! :)

No comments: