Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Holy pressure, Batman!

My friend Karyl asked me back in February if I would help her shoot another wedding (I helped her out about a year ago as well). Today we met for lunch to go over the details. She starts out "I'm going to mainly be there as a guest, but I will oversee you and the other photographer who will only be there for about 3 hours." Ok, whatever, that's not terribly odd I suppose.

Then, she drops the bomb... "It's my daughter's wedding." !!!!! "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to back out." LOL, oh man.

So I stick with her and we go over the necessary shots, schedule, map of the country club, etc. So far I feel pretty good about it, but this is going to be slightly nerve-wracking.

If anything, I will need comfortable shoes (my normal wedding shoes have never been all that comfy), so I'm going to go shopping sometime over the course of the next week and spend a little $$ on some solid, long-lasting shoes. If I have to be worried about pleasing the bride and (almost more importantly this time) the mother of the bride, I'd better at least have good shoes.

I forgot to add: I am incredibly humbled and honored that she asked me. I think the first thing I actually said to her was "I'm glad that you trust me enough to do it." She is what I would consider a "high-end wedding photographer" for Champaign-Urbana, and I've only been doing this a few years and can't even make a living at it yet! :) Maybe this will open up some major doors for me, who knows?

No comments: